Friday, July 17, 2015

About-- The Outsiders(Book)

The Outsiders (Book)

 
Rated: Young Adult

About: The Outsiders is written in first person, by a character named Ponyboy (yes Ponyboy is his real name.) He tells a story of his life as a greaser. He writes about his "family" with his friends and brothers (Johnny, Dallas, his real name is Dally, Darry, his real name is Darrel, Sodapop, aka Soda, and last but not least, Two-Bit). He also writes about the differences between the socs, and the times greasers have been jumped by socs. And the choices they have to make in society and where greasers stand. The Outsiders book was first published in 1967. Even though this book was published 48 years ago, it is still relevant today.


In my opinion, this book is not that inappropriate. There is a bit of reference to sex, and throughout the story everyone is smoking. However it may be hard to understand for young readers. It is well worth reading. I would say that The Outsiders was a major page turner. I also found tears in my eyes, in some parts, as I was reading. I enjoyed how I could feel the characters emotions. I highly recommend it to everyone to read. I would rate this book a five out of five. I would definitely read it again.

No comments: